Wednesday, December 24, 2008

~A few of my favorite things


Don't you just love Christmas!? I walked around the house taking pics of a few of my favorite things about Christmas. I love the ornaments....old, new, handmade, store bought. The stockings hung by the fire with care (so they don't fall down lol). I love the Christmas memories. I love love love wrapping presents :-) Leaving cookies and a thank you note out for Santa/Sarge. I love Seasonal coffee creamer :-) Making Christmas cards..... and this year I even made the envelopes! Unfortunately I didn't start on them until about a week before the big day then got too busy to finish :-( So I sent out cards to Aunts and Uncles and everyone else is getting their Holiday greetings via the internet. The few cards I started to send out a week ago, I found laying in sarge's truck seat a few days ago Grrrr. (anne, carrie, alisha....blame it duane! sorry!) I love getting a stack of cards in the mail. I love my snowman collection, especially the one Cody made me in 3rd grade with it's little stick arms, too cute! I love plaid. I love plaid. I love plaid! I love the get togethers. I love the kids Christmas programs at school. Cody no longer has them and I'm bummed. I love the cousins in their matching PJ's. And staying the night at Grandma's house. I love making the buckeyes and cookies. Although this year I tried to do a dozen different kinds in 1 day....I don't recommend it, what a job!!!! I love the Christmas brunch at my parents house and Christmas Eve meals at D's Mom and Dads house. I love the excitement and anticipation. I love torturing the kids by making them eat breakfast before opening the presents. I love the decorating. I might even like the predictability of sarge waiting until Christmas Eve to go shopping (which is where he is right now) LOL No.....I'll never love THAT!

2 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Merry Christmas Lori!! :)

~Angie

Alisha said...

I love your pics....miss you so very much!!!!