Tuesday, December 2, 2008

~Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We hosted Thanksgiving, like we do every year - it's "our" assigned holiday. Just about the whole immediate family was able to make it :-) so we had a houseful of 18. It was lovely!!! Even the turkey turned out wonderfully. It usually does because Duane is in charge of the turkey, except for last year when I tried to brine it-and it turned out rather....blah. We injected it the night before with marinade this year and it rocked. I'm so glad D's sister, Cristy (and family) got to come down from MI this year. My niece Hailey is getting so big and she's talking up a storm. She's such a lil doll!

Courtey & Hailey:
Hailey loving on Gunner:
Mom, Cora and Hailey:
I snapped a blind picture during prayer (I still had my eyes closed/head bowed) and God was really in the room! Look at all that light! I took a pic seconds before we prayed and it came out normal. Isn't that cool!?

chowing down: I didn't get to sit at the big table this year :-( lol
but at least I wasn't at the kids table :-)
Cristy & Hailey:
Sarge & Chad: Chad & Clea were late, big surprise!
I swear they do that just to get out of doing dishes LOL

2 comments:

Drew said...

That's a neat picture of the family praying. Looks like a great family time together.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

You are such a good hostess Lori. I'm just thankful that my mom is still willing to do Thanksgiving because I am NOT a good hostess. :)

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!