Thursday, January 22, 2009

~ I'm MIA

Yes it's true....I've been staying up till 2am every night searching for men.
Not to worry, I'm not leaving my hubby. The men I'm looking for are dead. Hmmm this is not sounding very good at all is it?! lol I'm been playing with my Christmas presents - Paint shop pro 'ultimate' photo 2x and a subscription to Ancestry.com :-) Add that to the new CD that has been playing continuously on my computer (and in my car) at top notch volume for the past 29 days and this is girl is in heaven! Hours of research and mindlessly singing along with Taylor Swift take me to my happy place where I feel completely calm.
Might as well stay in and do a little bit of research when it looks like this outside:
"a bit of research" to me means 8, 9, 10 hours of research, because I become obsessed with it. Like stalker style................. I stalk dead people!!! lol When I want to find something, I'm REALLY determined to find it and make sure it's correct so I have to find the documents to prove it.
Look at the mess I've made on the floor beside the desk.......The computer desk looks just as bad, there's paper everywhere, both computers are open, the printer is officially out of ink and the poor dog has to come beg to go outside every couple hours because I'm so into what I'm doing that I don't see him standing by the front door. Forget taking the dog for a walk-he's lucky if I remember to feed him.......oops I didn't feed him this morning! Luckily the kiddos are in school this week or they might be starving for attention and food too. I can't even explain how thrilled I get to find a new branch of the family tree or a new picture that I've never seen or new proof of who and where I came from. Especially when I find stories. Oh how I love to find a story that mentions one of my people. Like the one of my great grandpappy who joined the army at age 13, he was so tall he easily passed for an 18 year old. Or the great grandfather who was captured in the civil war by the yanks and held at Camp Chase right here in Ohio.
My breath always catches and my heart gives a lurch when I finally find some info that I've been looking for---then I do a little dance :-) I ooooh and awwwww alot when I find a census record for someone that I've always thought of as an 'elderly person' and suddenly I see their name on a document, stated as 3 years old. It makes me giddy to think of a great great grandfather as being a child :-) And I usually have 15,740 windows open on each computer (ok maybe just 10 or 15) because when I find something new I think of something else and go google it. I'm surprised the computers haven't gone up in smoke yet!

Don't worry you don't need to call the shrink, I'm not crazy......just passionate :-) I haven't even gotten any Christmas pics on my blog yet but I did manage to play around with the paint shop a lil. What's more fitting than 'painting' my room with the paint shop program? And I didn't even drip any paint on my clothes :-)

I just wish it was that easy to do a real makeover on the room!!! ok I'm off to get groceries. I don't want to leave my computer but I guess we have to eat something.

2 comments:

Drew said...

So glad you stopped your research for just a bit to give us an update. :) I don't understand research per say, but I do understand getting obsessed with something. (like computers)

I love the repainting of the room. Oh, if only it were that easy!

Rue said...

Hi Lori :)

I know exactly what you're going through! I spent 5 years off and on like that, but now I'm stuck on a few and can't find anything, so it's resting for awhile ;)

Have fun, but remember to feed the dog AND the kids LOL

rue