Monday, November 24, 2008

~1/2 Bath

I finally got my beloved slate tiles :-) I've always loved slate. We had a big ol' pile of it growing up. It was originally on the roof of our farmhouse but when the roof got replaced, the pile of slate was ours to play with. I liked to pretend I was Laura Ingalls and write on the slates like I was in a one room schoolhouse. We were suppose to put the slate in the kitchen but my poor lil heart got broke when Sarge said it couldn't be done. (something to do with the house beam and the slate cracking so easily blah blah blah) But at least it's in my bathroom now. I will happily mop my new slate every day (ok, maybe every other day) I don't have a before pic. But there was really nothing to look at. It was a sink and a toilet and a big huge blank mirror and flat white paint. Now it's got a bit of personality :-) It's such a small space, it's hard to get pics but you get the gist. I have a few spots of paint to touch up and I need to put the sealer down on the floor then it's Done done done :-) yay!


DURING:



AFTER:

7 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

It looks beautiful Lori! Great job!!

Lori said...

thank you, thank you very much (i'm channeling elvis)
that hubby of mine is just so full of talent:) He finished the trim and quarter round this weekend too Yay!!!

cattytg said...

I am slate fan too...thinking of using it on my patio. The bathroom looks gorgeous! LOVE it. Can you come do mine?

jescandlon said...

I think that might be the same exact floor that Ang just put in her bathroom?! It looks great.

Drew said...

I love it!

Theresa said...

I LOVE slate. I want to rip out my bathroom and put down slate. You guys did a great job.

Alisha said...

beautiful!!!! i love your new walls!!