Wednesday, November 19, 2008

~Yummy salad

I made this lovely spinach, edamame, shrimp salad just now with balsamic vinaigrette and then proceeded to put my "fancy" salad in a used coolwhip bowl! So classy eh? I had just rinsed the bowl out to recycle and it was the closest thing to me LOL I just can't bring myself to take a pic of my lovely salad in it's equally lovely bowl :-) anywho, here's a really simple basic recipe for the vinaigrette (below). I sauteed some shrimp in olive oil, threw some spinach in my bowl and grabbed some edamame out of the freezer and threw it in the pan when the shrimp was done (which helped defrost them + cool the shrimp off quicker) then ta-da! it's lunch. Easy breezy! I also had a spinach/mango/strawberry smoothie - no, I take that back - I had 2! Cody's not here and he usually halves it with me. So I HAD to drink it all heehee. And now I'm full as all get out!!! (whatever that is!)

Roast Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/2 head garlic
1/2 t. honey mustard
1/2 t. honey
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 T. olive oil
salt and pepper
2 T. water
Heat oven to 400. Slice 1" off top of garlic. Exposing cloves, wrap i foil and roast until soft and fragrant- 40-45 minutes. Cool slightly. Squeeze cloves into a mini chipper or processor. Add remaining ingredients and 2 T warm water blend until smooth. Refrigerate up to 7 days.

I have to admit tho, I was in a big honking hurry today, because it was already 1:30 and I was starrrving, so I just grabbed some minced garlic out of the fridge to make the vinaigrette :-) It's not considered cheating if you're starving to death. Didn't you know that?

7 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I love Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing...this sounds yum (minus the shrimp of course. Blech!)

:)

Hey ~ would you post your recipe on here on how to make your peanut butter yummies that you dropped of at our home that one day? I've had a craving for those and keep meaning to ask you for the recipe. They were to die for!

Lori said...

only if you tell me how to get my twitter stuff on my blog :-)

Drew said...

You lost me an endamame. Now I have to head off to google to find out what the heck that is!

Drew said...

Ahhh....it appears that they are salted soy beans.

Twitter's easy. They have a code that you can plug into html on your layout. It then will update as you update on flicker.

Drew said...

My twitter help has to have earned me a buckeye or two, right?

Lori said...

you bet andrea :-)

Drew said...

Why did I say flicker? I mean twitter! I have no brain cells any more!