Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Ten Best and Worst Foods
Posted in: Healthy Eating
I found a really interesting article today about the ten best and worst foods.
What made the BEST list:
1. Sweet Potatoes
2. Grape Tomatoes
3. Fat Free or 1% Milk
4. Broccoli
5. Wild Salmon
6. Crispbreads
7. Brown Rice
8. Citrus Fruit
9. Butternut Squash
10. Spinach or Kale
And what made the worst? Well, a Starbucks Caffe Mocha was called a 'Quarter Pounder with Cheese in a cup', cheesecake was called a 'prime rib for dessert', and Campbells’ Tomaoto soup is a salt nightmare. Read the full article here.


I love everything on the list except maybe brown rice, as I'm still not really sure what to do with it, I'm kinda a "rice hater".
I LOVE that Sweet Potatoes are top of the list, because I was sitting here eating a baked sweet potatoe as I read it! I'm trying to get the whole family to switch over, so last night a made a few white baked taters and a few sweet baked taters, intending for everyone to have 1/2 of each, but the lil punks refused :-( If they would just taste them, they would see that they taste awesome and well.... sweet. I didn't even need to add butter or anything to mine. But I did rub a lil honey butter on the skin before I cooked it. mmmmm yummy. I have always been a potatoe freak. but i would add like 2-3 T. of butter to my baked potatoe and now when i think of that it makes me cringe. So watch out Sweet Potatoes .... here I come.....with my fork.

1 comment:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I'm with you on the rice thing. I can tolerate white rice, but brown rice is just yuck! Can't even begin to embrace it in my diet...unfortunately.