Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tofu guru





Ok so i'm not a guru, i'm a newbie, but I really like the word guru. It's just fun to say Guru Guru Guru, kinda like tofu tofu tofu :-) I found this recipe while searching for a sesame chicken recipe and we tried it and loveee it! I haven't tried tofu in over 10 years and must say i'm in love with it's versitility. The boys are embrassing our new eating style, my lil punk girl however, is NOT. But that can be a whole other post.






marinating the tofu:




Sesame Tofu Bites
Ingredients
1 lb firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp. soft brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
Directions
Mix this up in a shallow dish or in a plastic container with a lid, stir in tofu and put in fridge for 2 hours...or more if you want to marinate it for a long time.
Drain well. Combine in a bowl about a 1/2 cup sesame seeds, 1 tbsp. cornflour, 2 tbsp. wholemeal plain flour (I just used whole wheat flour and cornmeal). Add the tofu cubes and toss to coat.
Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a frying pan (I used veg oil or you can use a bit of sesame oil) and cook till golden. Drain on paper towels. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

yummmmmmmmmmm...come make me some:)