Wednesday, August 20, 2008

~Freedom!!!!!!

First day of 5th grade



Freedom......Yes, that means school is back in session :-) I am free to listen to what I want to listen to in the car. I don't have to have an itinerary immediately upon rising every morning. I can shop without spending every last dime on these kids who constantly "need" things. I don't need to have the freezer stocked with ice cream that I "accidentally" eat after the kids go to bed. I can workout uninterrupted. I can think clearly. Courtney's friends aren't calling 25x a day anymore. I don't have to worry about Cody's friends popping by before I've showered or cleaned the house. I don't have to give up the TV so they can play PS3 with those friends. I can watch TV without having my finger on the remote because no one is going to walk in the room during some inappropriate commercial/show. Heck, I can shower with my door open if I want to! Unfortunately I also have to let the dog out myself, take the trash out myself, go shopping without Courtney, the kids aren't here for me to ask what they'd like for dinner, they aren't here to play games with, or make cookies with, they aren't here for me to joke around with, they aren't here for 8 hours solid!!! Wait Cody is actually gone for 11 hours solid!!!! With Cody in football now, I have about 3 hours alone with nortney which is really cool. Man was it quite at my house today. School started today and I cleaned, really well. And no one was there to monitor what I was throwing away from their rooms Heeheehee And no one was here to immediately mess it up again either. So while I'm happy to have them back in school, part of me misses them..................right up until they get home and start fighting again!!!!


Hot & grimy First day of 8th grade football practice

2 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Congrats on your freedom! Yeah for you! :) Just one more year and I'll have complete freedom as well. I'm looking forward to it, but it kind of scares me too. :(

Drew said...

I do envy your freedom. At the same time, if I had the freedom, I know I'd be expected to have the house ALWAYS clean. That is the sole reason I work outside of the house. :)