Friday, August 15, 2008

~VBS

These were my VBS ribbons - my mom saves everything!

Courtney took a couple of her friends with her to VBS this year, which was at my old church, where I went from 1st-12th grade. Where I grew up , got baptised, learned many life lessons, had my first crush, first boyfriend, first time at camp (which was always a blast!) first kiss, Lots of firsts and lots of good memories :- ) On the first day of VBS my old pal Andrea and I decided to stay and explore our old stomping grounds. I hadn't been there since I got married 15 years ago, it was so nice to see people that I grew up with! Andrea did a much better job writing about our jaunt down memory lane than I can, so go read her version HERE (hows that for lazy of me?!) We had fun, and I nearly cried when I saw the wallpaper (did ya read andreas blog yet?!) I wish Jodi had been with us tho ~ that would have made it perfect. We could have raided the church kitchen while our parents were in choir practice like we used to heehee :-)

So...back to this years VBS. The girls had a great time and really enjoyed it every night. Of course the last night was the best because they got to used all the tickets they earned at the festival. The dunking booth, the pony rides, the face painting and the "store" were their favorites. They were sooooo tuckered out that night :-)

no driving for a few more years honey!
court, caryn, cora and weslea



Courtney & Cora after the festival

3 comments:

jescandlon said...

I can't believe you still have all those ribbons! That is too funny. (I threw my kids ribbons away as soon as they forgot about them-just don't tell) It was great having the kids come.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

It was great having you there (to steal my chair from me) and the girls there (so I could take pictures of them.) :) It was a fun, fun week.

Alisha said...

lol....I throw away the kids ribbons too:( bad mommy!

i love the face painting pics....there is some serious talent lurking around that church!!!