Wednesday, September 24, 2008

~Baby Gracie


Back in April I had a prayer request post about Gracie. I couldn't even bring myself to post this yesterday. Baby Gracie lost her battle to live Wednesday morning. I'm am completely utterly heartbroken for Amanda & Todd . (Todd and I go back about 25 years). They just might be the bravest people I know. They have been so strong in their faith thru all of this. 7 months of having their little baby in the hospital on the brink of life, brink of death, whichever way you want to look at it. What they've been thru makes my daughter, Courtney's open heart surgery seem like a tonsilectomy. I just can't even imagine.




Todd & Gracie

From Todd and Amanda:
The last few hours have been a whirlwind!! But, please do not be shocked and saddened--we are rejoicing. Gracie has been given the victory! We were fighting to keep her here and she fought with us each minute of each day without looking back....back when the Lord Jesus called her name, she obeyed and everlasting peace and comfort began for her--to never end!!

6 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Their faith is amazing.

I have truly felt blessed to be able to pray for their sweet Gracie. I considered it a privilege and will continue to pray for Todd and Amanda and the rest of the family.

Drew said...

Having a 5 month old girl of my own makes this so hard to fathom. I am so sad for them, yet I marvel at the grace and fortitude that they have demonstrated. What a wonderful couple.

Lori said...

I know andrea! I saw that pic of me holding jordan and that had me crying again. They have been so strong, they seem to be holding up better than everyone else.

Drew said...

"Gracie had been unresponsive for the two hours previous and the Doctors and nurses had told us that she may have already passed and was being kept alive by the medicines and machines.

However the wonderful Savior knew different and Gracie opened her eyes wide, turned her head, gave two deep breaths and left with the Lord to heaven. Heaven was in the room."


The other night I went to Gracie's website, read those words and that's what got me. Just imagining experiencing the end of a child's life. It was wonderful that they were able to be there, but it sends shivers down my spine when I put myself in their place. God bless them. What a thing to have to go through as young parents.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Todd and Amanda's faith through this has been an amazing example to see. I can't even imagine all the lives they have touched through Gracie's website.

I pray for God's peace and blessings upon them as they begin their lives without Gracie now.

Angie

jescandlon said...

This whole experience was so heartbreaking. I feel so bad for Todd and Amanda. I imagine the hardest days are ahead. For 7 months, they have battled constantly at the hospital. Can you imagine trying to return to the "real" world and everyday life. Our prayers go out to them.