Wednesday, September 10, 2008

~Prayers for Nie Nie


~blue lilly photography
Ever since last year when I googled "Silhouettes", I have checked Stephanie nielson's blog everyday. I went to see vintage portraits and stayed because she was just so charming. But now I check her sisters blog since she, Courtney, is the one keeping the blogging world posted on Stephanie and her hubby Christian who were in a plane crash a several weeks ago, surprisingly they survived. "Survive" and "plane crash" don't seem like they go hand in hand, like they could NOT even possibly be in the same sentence. Unfortunately the pilot, Doug Kinneard did not make it. But Stephanie and Christian were very very blessed that day and they did indeed survive!!! But now they have to take the road to recovery and it looks like it will be a long and winding often bumpy path. I have been following their story over the past few weeks and was quite mad that I missed it going national yesterday. Every single morning I watch the Today Show, every day I tell you! But somehow I got busy yesterday and missed it. And wouldn't you know it.......... Stephanie's siblings were on, talking to Matt Laurer and I missed it! (but I found it here on youtube.com just now yay!) It's not every day that a fellow blogger makes the headlines! When I first heard the news, it was jarring, my heart dropped into my stomach. Isn't it amazing how someone can make such a huge impact on so many others lives when you've never actually MET them (in person). I had no clue that she had such a following, I actually didn't even know that my BF followered her blog until I told her about the accident and she started bawling. But apparently she has a huge following. Personally Stephanie has a way of inspiring me to be a better mother, I always feel so cheerful after reading her blog, I mean after all, she has twice as many kids as I do and she still seems to be sane, happy as a lark even. She ran a marathon this year, she's super faithful, she's a vegetarian (her food blog is Here) and she's got great style, the words Classic Beauty and Classic Mother come to mind. She is just an all around beautiful person. She has a wonderful extended family and friends (like Here and below) who are reaching out and helping in so many ways- Keeping the blogging world updated, and organizing benefit concerts, fundraising, auctions, etc. Her sister Courtney is taking care of the 3 older children and her younger sister Lucy is taking care of the baby. They had a huge balloon launch, sending up their prayers & wishes for the Nielson's. Actually there have been several balloon launches for them, all around the world. Christian was burned over 30% of his body, Stephanie over 83%, they have massive hospital bills already (over $2million last I heard) So please please PLEASE keep Stephanie, Christian (aka mr. nielson), their 4 children, and their families in your prayers.




*Stephanie's family had a cute tradition of letting off balloons as seen here for her birthday.


*Massive balloon launch from friends and family Here (i love this song!)


*(sister) Courtney's blog Here


*News sept. 4th Here


*Original newscast about the crash Here


*Blissfullliving.com post Here


*Today msnbc Here


*Stephs sister on the news Here


*Nie Recovery Blog Here


*Nie's Dad's Blog Here


*Article in the NYT Here


*Benefit Blog, you could win an auction or make donations Here


*One of my favorite posts of Stephanies Here
*I'm adding this one just because her brother cracks me up! Here
*Stephanie taught Silhouette making (& yoga) HERE , that's what I wanted to make for my dining room---which I why I googled Silhouettes and found Stephanie's blog :-)

1 comment:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I had been following her blog a little as well and have a link to her sister's blog so that I can keep up-to-date with her news. It's unbelieveable how fast life can change, isn't it? I'm praying that she and her husband will both make it through this. What a terrible tragedy for their family.