Wednesday, October 29, 2008

~The floor is almost dunzo :-)


Back in September Duane layed tile in the kitchen and mud room. He got some of the grout done while I was in MI but neither of us cared for the grout (that HE picked out) that dried to a whitish color. Did I mention that D's color blind LOL So he ground all the grout out and I volunteered to do the (re)grout. Ya, I know I'm crazy, but it was fun, like icing a really large cookie :-) Mixing the grout stinks and all the wait time and wiping wasn't fun tho. D's been gone to SC for a month now and I still haven't gotten the sealer on OOPS! He'll be coming home soon so guess what I'm gonna do today? I gotta get this finished :-)

4 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

What a handy girl you are! It's looking great...

{oc cottage} said...

Great job! Tiling is quite a task!

M ^..^

Drew said...

Okay, now how about coming and fixing ours? We also thought we were being very stylin' by trying a colored grout. As soon as it dried, I realized we should have gone much, much lighter. Someday I'll fix it...probably right before we sell it 10 or so years down the road. :)

ChickenGal said...

Last summer I grouted my son and DIL hall and foyer, 2 months after having knee surgery. Thank goodness for finding the grout bag and the tool called Procaulk. Fill the seams with the bagged grout like pastry frosting and squeegee them smooth with the tool. It went very fast, but the grout mixing I did in little batches and that helped.