Friday, April 18, 2008

~LOL

I just can't help laughing when I see these signs. The roads are horrible right now, no, make that Hideous! I feel like I'm in some video game when I'm driving down the road, and the goal is to avoid the pot holes and try to make it home with the car in one piece. Don't shake the bumper off and you get bonus points! I think that by putting these signs up they think it'll somehow make it ok--take the sting off a little. Like we'll say "well, there were signs warning us, so it's ok" HA funny thing is, you can tell exactly where the county line is, because there is literally a line across the road where the OTHER county DOES maintain their roads and it becomes very smooth.
































That's the downside to living in the sticks, but with the bad, comes the good. And I will never get over the views we have........... This is my amish neighbors string of gourd birdhouses that they put up and I'm seriously coveting them.....think they'll notice if I steal just one??? :-) One of my other neighbors has a red one, but it's only one and it doesn't have the same impact as a whole slew of them. The neighbors across from these guys also have a dozen or more that are unpainted. They're so pretty!


4 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

The roads are incredibly terrible right now, aren't they? I'm not sure how the Amish buggies make it through the pot-hole mazes sometimes.

Alisha said...

mmmmmm, is the speed limit sign for the buggies AND the cars?

and in response to Angie....i bet those Amish people handle those carts better than we handle our cars~~~they've been driving them a little longer...LOL!

Lori said...

I don't know alisha, some of those "drivers" are like 10 years old. guess you don't have to have a license to drive a buggy.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

All I know is that if I get stuck behind one more Amish buggy going 9 mph up a seven-mile long hill I am going to lose my freakin' mind!

It's already happened about 7 times today and it is making me CRAZY.