Friday, April 25, 2008

~My guilty pleasure.....

MTV heeheehee I've been watching the Real World since year #2. Why stop now? Just because I'm in my 30's? I don't think so. I'll admit that I look at these "kids" thru different eyes now that I'm older. When I was 18 it was like "they look like fun!" now it's more like "stupid kids! what are they thinking?" But when I think about it. Back at the beginning the kids were no where near as Risque` as they are now. The show was much calmer. Or if things were going on, they didn't show it on the show. Back in the day the worst thing that happened was puck ate out of the peanut butter jar after picking his nose (gross!), Jon sat around doing nothing, Dave pulled the blanket off Tami and there were some racial arguments. Now a days they are having sex under the covers on the night vision cams, pole dancing, getting completely utterly drunk, getting arrested and who knows what else. So far I'm liking this years cast, they seem......I don't know, I just like 'em better than the past couple seasons. Even tho they have already started fighting beginning with Kim saying Ghetto to Bri which started a big ol fight. And she's so very southern (columbia SC) that she pronounced it GeT-Toe. Joey is sure to be interesting, he says he's over the the club/drinking/partying thing so he stayed home with the girls and they did mud masks. Greg seems like a pompous jerk but I think he had great negotiating skills in the last episode. My personal favs so far are Sarah & Dave. I used to love Road Rules too--in the beginning they just traveled around working odd jobs like at ice cream shops and alligator farms to make money. It was like Real World on wheels. Lately, it's gotten so goofy I don't even watch...it's just not the same anymore. I do however love the challenges/gauntlets. I love those and I laugh so hard when the new kids call the 'older' cast members grampa/grandma because they are like.....gasp.....34 years old LOL I remember when RR2 had to break into the RWmiami house and steal the 8 ball, I thought it was so cool that they were mixing the 2 different shows. yes, I'm a dork :-) I'm not ashamed to admit that I've seen every episode, probably more than once (in the beginning anyways) and I'm not ashamed to admit it......Ok yes I am!!!

5 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I used to watch these shows all the time when Bill and I moved to Evansville. I even remember a lot of the people you are talking about!

You're right though...it's a lot raunchier now than it ever was then. It has always been a fun concept for a show though.

Alisha said...

lol.....we must be getting old if MTV late night is our guilty pleasure....i like this season too, but my fav MTV show is the Hills....I HATE admitting to anyone that I actually watch the show:)

Lori said...

i watch the hills sometimes but all their squabbling makes feel stressed. If I want to see sqabbles I can just sit back and wait for mariah and taylor to start some drama....man i'm glad i'm not in 4th grade anymore! poor courtney :-(

Drew said...

I can't watch these shows anymore because we have crappy basic cable. One of the shows I used to like to watch was The Girls Next Door. Mark thought I was very strange for watching it, but they're hilarious! :)

DeVaughn said...

I used to be a total Real World junkie! I think the last one I watched was Las Vegas or maybe it was San Diego, I don't remember, and you're right they're totally more risque then when it first came out! I may have to check it out again :)