Thursday, April 17, 2008

~Who needs World Market, I've got the Country store :-)




















I had fun at the nearby country store yesterday :-) I was going for a German theme but a few of the things were from Croatia, Switzerland and Greece. The coconut chocolate bar was amazzzzing! I even got a Mothers Day card that's in German. My MIL will like that because she can read it. I had the old german lady that works there translate it for me just to be sure it was in fact a Mothers Day card. It sounded like it had the right amount of sappiness in it so I got it :-) The mustard in a tube is good and the kids think it's funny cuz it looks like a toothpaste. The coffee, the crackers (& swiss cheese), the forest berry jam + the chocolate are all very good. I haven't opened the pickles yet (i'm pretty sure that's what they are even tho I can't read it LOL) I'm so glad the snow is gone so I can get out and explore again and visit some of my favortie places with my MIL

HEINIS http://www.heinis.com/ where you can try all the different cheeses
LEHMANS http://www.lehmans.com/ where it's just fun to shop
AMISH DOOR http://www.amishdoormarketplace.com/category.sc?categoryId=17

and of course Das Dutch Kitchen where they make awesome HUGE creme sticks
and Duane's Uncle Melvins (amish) General Store in Maysville where we (duane's cousins & I) pick on my MIL and buy our meat and cheese, No other state I've lived in has swiss cheese like here :-) I always have a blast there. His cousins are onery. There are lots of fun little places to go that are off the beaten path and not in the tourist brochures. Those places are always the best.

3 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I haven't been to the official "Amish Country" (as opposed to the lesser-known amish country where you and I live) in a looooong time. You've got me thinking that I might need to take a trip there sometime soon. :)

Lori said...

I don't know about you but I prefer where we live in the lesser known areas, not so many tourists and not so expensive! :-)
there are tourist traps even in amish country.

Unknown said...

Funny! I have my mom and aunts send me boxes of food from World Market! And with all this talk of Amish cheese I am going to have to get Tony to pick some up next time he is out your way!