Monday, May 5, 2008

~Menu Monday


Jumping on the "menu plan monday" bandwagon! I just went grocery shopping today so I have 2 weeks worth of groceries. I'm trying to find a nice balance between healthy food and food that Courtney will eat so I don't torture her every night---nooooot so easy to do. I try to make sure every meal is served with steamed veggies or grilled corn on the cob to help achieve the 'healthy' part. I love all the steamer veggie packs they have now in the frozen food aisle. Even tho I'd rather have the veggies straight from the garden. And I love the prettttty new grill Duane got last week, it's so easy to turn on. I'll be grilling alot this summer + no more worrying about burning off my eyebrows ;-)

Monday~BLT's

Tuesday~Turkey Tacos

Wednesday~White Chicken Chili + homemade bread

Thursday~Grilled Salmon

Friday~Pizza

That's as far as I got because I know that I cook whatever I'm craving at the moment, so the menu can't be "planned" for next week yet or it will surely change and then I would feel like I was lying. I keep a handy list of "main dishes" "side dishes" &"desserts" that I have ingredients for, so I just pick a main dish that I'm in the mood for (or have time for) and then figure out which side I'd like. If the kids are lucky I'll even make dessert.

next week we will be having:

meatloaf, crockpot chicken, breakfast for dinner, burgers, pork chops, speghetti, and pizza on Friday.

3 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Sounds yummy Lori. What time should we be there for dinner?

:)

Lori said...

about 7ish :-)

Drew said...

I usually don't know what we're having for dinner up to 1/2 hour before I make it. :) Guess I'd save some money if I actually planned my meals. But, it's me we're talking about here. That will never happen. :)