Monday, May 26, 2008

~Sunday/Monday........Bye Bye!

Sadly Cristy, Craig, Justin and Hailey had to go home today :( I guess I knew they'd have to go eventually, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. (Come back Cristy!!!!) I'm just glad they got to come in the first place, since Craig was having a hard time getting leave and they weren't sure when/if they'd be down to visit this summer. Oh the joys of Army life. Maybe that was my father-in-laws plan when he got sick???? :-)Get put in the ICU so they'd HAVE to come? Thanks Dad, good thinking! lol Last night I added one more bacon cheeseburger with a baked potato to my list of sins for the week,-oh so tasty! But now that my company is gone and the holiday is over it's time to get back to chicken, fish and veggies. I don't know what's wrong with me lately, I was practically vegan there for a while and I compleeeeetely blew it this past week! Sgt D is outside grilling up some chicken right now. I figure if we use the grill 2x a day for at least a year we might get our money out of it lol We spent our Memorial Day watching the new Indiana Jones movie and going to Lowes. Duane rode in a convertible in a parade this morning and was the 'guest speaker' at the American Legion Hall. Unfortunately I have NO pics of him :-( just a pic of the plaque they gave him. Lord knows I tried to get a pic of the sarge, but "one take duane" gives me exactly that. If he happens to have his eyes closed in the first picture then too bad for me ;-(
At least I was able to sneak a picture of my not so little boy on the way into Lowes Hee hee

2 comments:

Alisha said...

AHHHH! look how big my cody is!!! i really can't wait to see you guys:)

angie {the arthur clan} said...

That plaque is so cool! It's wonderful that he was honored in the parade and with the plaque he was given.