Sunday, May 25, 2008

~Saturday.......cookout & fishing

Saturday was cookout day for us. We just chilled at home and the in-laws came over. I have been eatin so much good/bad food this week it's ridiculous! Tastes good, yet so bad for me. I may not want to get in a bathing suit this summer. I've had McD's 2x this week, including the fries *gasp!*, fish and chips, pizza, lots of soda *gasp again* (because i don't like the water at my in-laws house and that's where I was most of the week) pumpkin cookies from my amish neighbors, meat & cheese from a new bulk food store cristy and I discovered, coconut pie, apple crisp & ice cream, burgers/hotdogs & chips, cheesy potatoes, chips-chips-and more chips. I might be the one in ICU next week! YIKES that's a lot of junk food! I'll move on now, cuz thinking about it is making me want to puke or go eat more, i'm not sure which. Maybe when Craig took the kids to play basketball or for a bike ride, I should have gone with them.
Justin & Courtney made sure we all had a good time at the cookout, they were in charge of entertainment. They made a checklist and made us all mark what we'd like to do. We played Red Rover because Craig had never heard of it and we had to make sure he left ohio knowing how to play it...just in case he should ever need to play it again:-) BTW the older you get, the more it HURTS!!!!! I bought a bullseye game where you have to throw little dart like "thingys" and try to get a bullseye but we got creative and played a bunch of different games with them. Who can throw the furthest...... then who can throw the farthest left handed, backwards, etc. the kids got inventive with it. Then they played baseball with the pool noodles which is much harder than it looks!!! We even had an egg toss. And of course Gunner was loving all the attention (and loving all the dropped food) :-) Fishing was interesting since Craig, being a city boy, has never caught a fish before. He finally got one, but I wasn't there to get a pic of his proud moment. Craig also got to chop wood for the first time :-) and he took Gunner for several runs all the way around the lake. Gunner is loving it cuz I sure don't do that. it's like 6 or 7 miles around the lake there's no way I'm doing it! Gunner lived with Craig and Cristy for 3 years while we were in SC so it was quite fun for Gunner to be with both his families, he was in heaven :-)


look, my FIL is actually relaxing!

gunner and hailey, love her pretty lil polka-dot cloth diapers! so cute! playing fetch ...... doggy heaven, the neighbors dog was sooooo jealous
noodle baseball, not so easy....

Hey Craigles, that's Haileys bike!Perfect temperature and plenty of sun. Oh my stars it was a beautiful day!!!!!

Justin & Courtney giggling over the worms Craigs way of fishing......1.look for a fish 2. drop the line on it's head

LOL why bother casting right?!

3 comments:

Alisha said...

lol...looks *and sounds!* like you guys had an amazing time together:) cody has lost some weight too....i can totally see court's list of things to keep you guys busy...hehe! i love these pics....

angie {the arthur clan} said...

The food was completely out-of-control this weekend, wasn't it? We had the same problem here. It's time to get back on the treadmill tomorrow (like I've ever been on it in the last six months!)

Lori said...

HA i totally THOUGHT about getting on the treadmill this morning after the kids left, but it's D's day off. If he gets to sleep in, so do i :-)