Tuesday, May 20, 2008

~This week

Lets see....... this week we are keeping busy. Last Friday and Saturday we (liz & I) had a garage sale. Did pretty good, we made enough to buy our plane tickets to FL next December for our 'moms only vacation' with Alisha and Missy :-) Didn't have much junk left by the time it was over, which was the goal :-) We had oodles of Amish come the first day, one of the oddest things any of them bought was a computer print shop program LOL not sure why....but hey, it was money so I'm not complaining. It rained in the morning but the sun actually came up in the late afternoon so my sleepy sister went out to sit in the sun. With the blanket on, doesn't it look like she's some patient at the hospital that got wheeled outside for fresh air and fell asleep? hahahaha I don't know how she slept with the horses in the driveway jingling their bridles and an amish lady that kept playing with a barbie toy that says "wow!"+"cool!" over and over and over LOLFriday night my In-laws came to stay the night and "help" with the garage sale the next day. (they ended up going shopping at other garage sales). Then they took the kids home with them to spend the night, Courtney and Grandma went to the Mother/Daughter banquet and courtney made a lovely straw hat for me. Cody and Gramps mowed the lawn at the church and did "guy stuff". Then they hung out with the amish neighbors, went to get ice cream and Cody got to drive the buggy home LOL wish I had pics of that!!! Duane & I got to go on a date!!!! We went out to eat with Lizard and Craig (who we reallllly like) and went to see Iron Man which we also realllly liked. I had no interest what so ever in the movie before, but it was surprisingly good! Got to see Sarge's new army office too, with the new furniture they just got, you can't really see it but there is a really big flatscreen tv in there.. ooooooh aaaaaaah I can't wait till he get all his stuff hung up on the walls (and out from behind my loveseat)
ANNNNNNNNNND I ate chicken wings for the first time. Sarge decided to make them on the grill for dinner and insisted I try them. I'm NOT a big fan of gnawing meat off a bone, like a dog.... Kinda makes me feel creepy. The only reason I gave in was because he smoking a cigar at the time and for some reason I find it cute. I think cigarettes are nasty, but Cigars I find sexy. I guess because the only time he usually smokes a cigar is at Army formals.........when he's in dress blues. And if you know what dress blues are you'll know what I mean :-) My SIL (and family) are here for a few days because Sarge's Dad is in the hospital (ICU!) Not sure what's going on yet, but he became violently sick & Migrane-y (i made that up) shortly after we picked the kids up at church. Hope my kids didn't drive him nuts!!! They are running all sorts of tests, MRI's and such, so hopefully we'll find out something soon. But at least we get to spend time with Cristy for the next few days :-) Duane's parents were suppose to be going to visit her in MI this weekend, and my FIL says they are still going!!!! The man is still in ICU and he thinks he's going up to MI in a few days to help Craig and Cristy WORK on their house!!! LOL The guy never stops working!!!! Hmmm maybe this is God's way of telling him to slow down????? Pray he'll feel better soon, they'll figure out what's wrong AND that he will learn to slow down and rest.

2 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I think the "cigar thing" could work for me too Lori. Maybe I'll have Bill take that up! :)

I hope that your FIL is doing better now. It's so scary when something like that happens to those you love. I'm sorry that you all have to deal with that right now.

Do you have some new Amish friends now???

Lori said...

thanks angie, my FIL is out of the hospital now and feeling better. although they still don't really know what's wrong, they switched up his meds so we'll see if that does the trick. the amish the kids were hanging with are my in-laws neighbors LOL my amish neighbors are suppppper quiet.