Friday, March 7, 2008

~One of THOSE days...

Ah what a day it's been. I found this at plow & hearth for a $130



So I ran to Home Depot (because the roads were actually clear for once yay!) to see if they had anything similar. Low & behold they had almost the same exact thing YaY! For $100 less Yay! And I liked the tools better YaY! So I pick it up, head for the register and get sidetracked like I always do in fun inspiring places like HD. So I walk around carrying this very heavy box under my right arm for like 20-25 mins making my arm go numb. When I finally headed up to check out I don't see any cashiers so I go to the self check out. Here I was trying to scan the akward box and it's not working, my purse falls off the shelf---still not scanning arrrg! Then I hear a cashier say "I can help you over here ma'am" Thanks goodness a real person. But on the way over I drop the box, then pick it up for her to scan and 'bout drop it again. Darn numb arm. Then I go to scan my card and miss (I know! i was thinking "how the heck!?" too) Then I drop my wallet when I go to put my card back in it, bend over to pick it up and dump my purse. I turn all red and say to the cashier "wow it's one of THOSE days, maybe I shouldn't be driving huh?" Then I turned even redder cuz I realize I just sounded like a drunk!!!! So I get home put the thing together, put it on the hearth, stack logs and newspapers on it ...................

and I don't like it. So it's going back :-(
But maybe I'll have Duane take it back. And I'll shop at Lowe's from now on so I don't run into the Home Depot cashier again.....and I'll use a cart so I keep the blood circulating in my arms LOL

1 comment:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Don't you just hate days like that? You just want to go back home, crawl under the covers and come back out to start the day fresh. I'm feeling sorry for you Lori! :)