Thursday, March 6, 2008

~Pizza Mia





I found 3 interesting "pizza-ish"recipes the other day and wanted to experiment but didn't have all the ingredients to make any one of them. One was for chicken & fennel on flatbread--one was red pepper hummus pizza, and the other was carmalized onion and white bean flatbread. So I used my creativity and made my own gourmet pizza. It was WONDERFUL, and Cody & Duane gobbled it up. Courtney is a super picky eater so I just put BBQ sauce, chicken and cheese on a whole wheat pita and called it a day--she did end up eating it all which shocked me, since she's not a big fan of anything "different" but she'll usually eat anything with BBQ sauce :-)


I didn't measure anything so I can't give you exact portions but here's what I did:

Combine roasted red peppers, white beans or chick peas, olive oil, garlic in food processor to make a "sauce". Spread it on flatbread or pitas. Then chop some spinich leaves (i did it in the FP) and sprinkle it on top. Then add a little cheese. I wanted to use provalone but didn't have any. One of the recipes called for feta but I don't like it so I didn't have any. I ended up using mozzerella. Then add mushrooms, tomotoes, peppers, and chicken (I cooked it in greek seasoning-sooo goood!) and brush it all with garlic and olive oil and sprinkle with oregano. Then pop in the oven on about 350 for maybe 10 mins. I really paid no attn to time or temp so you'll have to guess.


ha just now I found a couple recipes that are similar


2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! We had pizza last night too! Only it was not homemade.It was CiCi's! I was running errands and on the way home Caysen spotted the sign.It was so gross! I will con them into homemade pizza next time.Your pizzas look awesome.

Lori said...

HA!!! we're having CiCi's tonight!!!! it's not my fav but it's the most convenient for my hub to bring home on fridays after work. I usually eat 1 piece then make a salad. I do like the garlic bread tho. :-)