Monday, March 17, 2008

~St Pattys Day Dinner


This Irish stew and bread was delicious!!! I'm feeling more Irish already.
What makes it "Irish" stew? It certainly wasn't made in Ireland and neither was I. (I do have that Irish blood running thru me tho) But the fact that I threw a bottle of Guinness in it does!!! I was going to make the bread myself but time didn't allow for it--so I ended running to the store to fetch some. I couldn't decide which one to get there were so many that looked yummy-so I ended up with 2 loafs. And I ate most of it all by myself :-) When I came home with it Duane said "yay! crusty bread I love crusty bread!" So I definately want to MAKE some for him when I have time.
I found the stew recipe here: http://www.gumbopages.com/food/irish/stew.html
(look, you can still see snowlady in the yard!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks yummy.I made pork chops for the kids and Tony . I headed off to see Celtic Woman with a friend.And I green food coloring in the toile water (got the idea from Alisha)Happy Easter

Drew said...

OK...you're putting us to shame! You'd think with a last name like Riley we would have done something special for St. Patty's Day. But nope! Nothing! :) Glad to see you had fun.

Drew said...

Now I want to see Easter dinner! Produce the pictures already! ;)