Thursday, March 27, 2008

~What to do? What to do?

I'm trying to pick out colors for Courtney (& Cora's room). My niece stays here enough to warrant her own bed in the room, So I got the girls matching quilts. I'd like to find another headboard and footboard to paint white (or get D to build one). But for now the little metal frame will work. I even thought about painting it white so that it blends in a little better until I find a new bed for Cora. Courtney's always wanted baby blue walls (like the blue in the tinkerbell poster), and there is a little blue in the quilts. I thought maybe blue on the bottom and yellow up top. I would like to do a pale pink but the girls aren't getting any younger so they probably won't like that for much longer.
I'm covering the corkboard by Cora's bed in a plaid material and making the girls name signs for above their beds. Cort wasn't too thrilled with the white curtains cuz you can't see them right now, but once I decide on a paint color (and that could take a long time!) they will pop out. I'm also getting them white bedskirts that I will embellish with ribbon (to hide the stuff under their beds!)

I put this mirror above norts bed yesterday (a lil too high in my opinion) and i was going to add a "hanging ribbon" to it. BUT at bedtime she made me take it down because her friend recently told her about "bloody mary" so now she wants NO mirrors in her room Grrrr. The poster is just there as filler until we find some nice art work. It's a good size wall, so I'll need lots--to the right of the pic there is a bookshelf, a bean bag and cort's dresser and hutch and the closet door.

3 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

No mirrors?! That's so funny that she would be worrying about that (I could see myself doing something like that when I was little.)

I had a friend who painted the bottom of her daughter's room yellow, the top blue and had a white chair rail in the middle. She found a huge picket fence border with pretty flowers scattered in it that she put around the bottom. Then she painted clouds on the blue part at the top. She even hand-painted a tree in the corner of the room. It was a little over-the-top for an average decorator like me to try but completely adorable!

Have fun with it ~ I love what you're doing so far. :)

Alisha said...

heyyy what happened to her horse stuff!? her room looks so cute!

Drew said...

When you get Courtney's room done, you can come on over to my house and work your magic on the new baby's room!